Thursday, June 14, 2007

Class Reunion

Two weeks ago I had an email from a classmate telling me our high school class reunion was scheduled for September. Today the official invitation made it to my mail box. The invitation had been sent to a former address and getting it forwarded to my current address took an additional 12 days. Getting the invitation brought sadness because there was a slip of paper added to the invitation, the classmate putting together the reunion had died. Jim was one of the first people I met when my parents moved the family to Carlisle. We didn't keep in touch after graduation and I only spoke to Jim for a brief time at the previous reunions.

Birth and death are the front and back covers of the book of life. The story lies in the pages in-between. - Edward Lewis

Death is as casual - and often as unexpected - as birth. It is as difficult to define grief as joy. Each is finite. Each will fade. - James Alonzo Bishop

Death is the penalty we all pay for the privelege of life. - Robert Half

No comments: