Friday, June 8, 2007

Care or don't care

Paris Hilton sent back to jail - don't care

Soprano's last episode on Sunday June, 10th - CARE!

Philadelphia bicycle race - care
The 22nd professional bicycle race will happen on June 10th. The race starts at 9 AM but the course is open to everyone at 7 AM. A couple of years ago I bought one of those Trek carbon fiber racing bikes and rode one lap of the course. The race is on the streets of Philadelphia and the riders have to pedal the biks up "the wall" in Manayunk, a hill with a 17 percent grade. I was in the best shape of my life and I thought I'd never see the top of the hill. I did one lap of the course but the pros make 10 laps and cover 156 miles. You can read the race history by following this link http://www.procyclingtour.com/race_overview.cfm/race_id/6

Race results -- Juan Jose Haedo crossed the finish line in just over 5:45.50, unofficially setting a new record for the Commerce Bank Triple Crown of Cycling. Haedo, an Argentinian riding for the Denmark-sponsored Team CSC, unofficially finished at 5:45.51, roughly 5 minutes faster than the previous race record.

No comments: